Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'm in it to win it!

I weighed myself this morning and I am 133lbs. I am super excited about it because I have clothes that fit me know that I haven't put on in 2 or 3 summers. Last week I weighed in at 132, but I think it may have been a fluke with the scale. !33 is fine by me. I have gone to the pool every night this week so far and have managed to tread water for at least a half hour each time. We are taking the kids back tonight, so I can do it again. I am loving this as a form of exercise and am finally seeing changes in my arms.

Food has been ok. I made a bunch of black bean roll ups, but had to throw them away b/c there were tomatoes inside that I bought before the recall. I bought all of the ingredients again (sans tomatoes) and they are sitting on my counter. Hopfully I can make them tonight. I have been stcking to cereal or eggs and coffee in the morning, an early light lunch, afternoon snack of a Pria bar (although yesterday I caved and got Starbucks because I needed some caffeine) and random stuff for dinner. Dinner is always the hardest for me. It's when I tend to over eat. Swimming has helped with that as well since it's hard to over eat and then tread water. All in all, I feel like I'm doing OK...definitely back on track with the things I was doing before surgery.

Briz - Let me get this straight...you DANCE??? So much that you used to do it for hours at a time??? Who are you, dude? All I know is you are my new best friend because I LOVE to dance. I actually took a hip-hop class on the west side of town from a girl who was a Ben-gal cheerleader to lose the pregnancy weight I put on with Gabe. OMG, it was really hard work and I felt like an idiot, but I was in really good shape. I was also a clogger for 10 years. (insert laughter here) Remember I grew up in the country. I promise it was the best exercise EVER and as a bonus, I got to wear a square dancing outfit and double-tap capezios. Yes, I still have them and yes they still fit. I get them out every once in a while to make my kids laugh.

I'm going to need more details on your dance history and we are going to have to go dancing one night in LA. Did you ever do any couples dancing? With all of that dance time per day, were you a professional? I need to know this stuff!!! What other talents are you hiding?

No comments: