Friday, June 13, 2008

Talk about a test of will-power

I dealt with a huge amount of pressure to overeat tonight...yes, I ate at my parent's house. I love visiting them, but I know what meals at the Bien house are like. Snacks sitting out while mom is cooking (sometimes healthy things like raw veggie sticks, but not tonight) and dinner in MASS proportions even if it's healthy. Tonight, they had Ruffles Potato Chips and onion dip on the counter when I got there. After having the bag pushed toward me several times, I took 5 chips and put a tablespoon of the dip in a dish and chewed REALLY slowly. Dinner was spaghetti and meatballs with a piece of garlic bread. I ate a very small portion and again chewed SLOWLY. My dad is obese, but my mom is tiny. Probably because he orders her around like an army seargent and she never sits still for more than 30 seconds at a time because of it. Old school marriage. Gotta love it. Not. After dinner, my mom and I walked a hilly 2.5 miles around her neighborhood. Exercise is good.

Lunch was a cluster as well, although I didn't go nuts. Come on! Free Montgomery Inn ribs? Are you kidding me? I ate a small slab and a few chips dipped in BBQ. SO freaking good! I think I could eat ribs every day. Every mother loving day.

Tomorrow...BIG challenge. Brand lunch (must order healthy and eating out is hard for me b/c of unlimited choices of yummy food and gigantic protions). Happy hour after work and then taking Joe to the Red's game for father's day. Ball park foods?? Forget about it. Ice cold overpriced beer! Hello? It's me!!! I'm in big trouble. Wish me luck!

Briz- What's up? I'm waiting to hear from my supposed dancin' machine (watch him get down, watch him get down) Where the heck are ya???

No comments: